Saturday, October 17, 2009

Another Simple Sympathy

Hello everyone,

I just have to tell you about today's adventure. I'm in southern Ontario having a belated Thanksgiving with my sisters and thought I'd take advantage to scope out some of the area's paper/stamping shops. Now I am not unfamiliar with the region, but I do need to follow a map (no GPS for me) to get from point A to point B without getting lost. Anyway I digress, I found a couple of places, The Memory Keeper (http://www.discountscrapbooksupplies.com/) and Angela's Papercrafts (http://www.creativepapercrafts.com/) which were but two that I had on my list. Both were great stores and of course, I found a couple of things I couldn't live without but, both had huge holes where product should have been yet wasn't. I found out the missing product was at booths at the CreativFestival (http://www.creativfestival.ca/) in Toronto. I had not heard of this festival but have discovered it is something right up my ally - filled with card making, stamping, sewing, needlework, beading and so much more. I've decided to make a day trip to Toronto tomorrow. I think I'll stop at the bank first. I'll let you know what I find.
Notwithstanding my shopping (or lack thereof) today, I do have another sympathy card for you.

This is another simple card. I used more Mind's Eye Magnolia paper and a bit of Stampin' Up Whisper White and Chocolate Chip. The bottom ribbon is from Dollarama and the upper is Offray. The stamps are both Stampin' Up, Medallion and Warmest Regards. I used just a wee bit of Diamond Stickles on the medallion. I find that stamp utterly striking so I suspect you'll see it quite often if you follow I SPI.

Early to bed for me as I'm catching the 8:30 GO bus/train in the morning. I hope you've enjoyed this post and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment