Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Fixies

Hello everyone,

Tonight's post is all about fixing cards when things go wrong. We've all heard about flipping a piece over when you're not happy with the stamp but what about when other things go wrong or the card just isn't working the way you want. Well, I've a couple of suggestions.

My first fixie is one of the sympathy cards I did last week. I think I was in too much of a hurry to get a small stash done before we went out of town. If you recall the post I thought the card was possibly too plain and it was. I've spruced it up a bit with more flowers and a couple of branches. I think it works much better now. Take a look at the before and after photos.



My next fixie is all about being too tired to craft. The first photo below is last night's card, after I'd finished posting on my blog. I was cleaning up my desk and as I was closing the ink pad, it fell out of my hand and right on to the nicely finished card (top right corner). I'm sure I'm not the only one this happens to. I realized that the only way to fix the card was to add a watermark to cover the smear. I've taken the Rich Razzleberry and the Circle Circus stamps and just added to the background. It is not a perfect fix because of the overlap onto the card base but it is not so bad I can't live with it.


Some times the best fix you can have is to just live with it. I think most of the time we're hardest on ourselves because most people just see the overall beauty of the card they are being given.

I'm positive there are more fixies out there so leave a comment if you've got a 'no-fail' fix of your own you'd like to share.

I hope you enjoy tonight's post and come back to SPI again soon.
Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment