Thursday, October 29, 2009

Glamour Dusted

Hello everyone,

I truly think that when making cards, there is no such thing as too much glitter so when I saw this demonstration at the Creativ Festival, I couldn't resist. This will be another technique that you'll probably get sick of because I love it so much I suspect I'll use it a ton.

The background is Stampin' Up Soft Sky that was textured with Sizzix Stampin' Up Flourish. The ribbon is Sopp Ribbons of Distinction from White Rose. The sentiment is Stampin' Up Warm Words which I embossed with Stampendous Detail Gold. To make the ornaments I first smeared watercolor pencil crayon on watercolor paper which I then spritzed with water until the colors ran. A tip that Heather (Heather's Stamping Haven - http://www.heathersstampin.com/) shared was to always start with the lighter color moving to the darkest color. Once the paper dried completely I covered it with Grafix Double Tack mounting film which I really burnished into the colored paper. I then removed the second backing paper layer and covered the sticky side with DecoArt Glamour Dust. After shaking off the excess, I burnished it well using the backing paper. I then used Peel-Off's Xmas Balls outline stickers which I cut out with scissors.

I'm still amazed by this result and I love, love, love, love it! I'm anxious to try the effect with proper watercolor markers (in the mail) because I think the final look will be much more vibrant. There are endless possibilities and I can't wait to explore them!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment