Sunday, October 11, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving Eh!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

In honor of the holiday I've made two cards, one English and one en français. I used two sketch challenges as inspiration, the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge (SSSC39) and the Crazy 4 Challenges Sketch (C4C6).



All the paper for this card is Stampin' Up Cottage Wall. I love this designer series paper so much, I'm going to order a second package. I used Fiskar's Shapes 1 for the large oval and my wide oval punch for the sentiment. The ribbon is another Dollarama find. I accented all over the place with diamond Stickles. This sketch was fun and I'm quite pleased with how the card turned out.




The paper for the Merci card is all Stampin Up - More Mustard, Old Olive, Perfect Plum, Bravo Burgundy and Whisper White. I used the Spellbinders Curved Rectangles and Nested Maple Leaves. I textured with Sizzix Bead String and accented some of the dots with diamond Stickles. The stamps sets are both Stampin' Up, Lovely as a Tree and Merci. The ribbon is from the bulk bin at Michaels.

I hope you enjoy the cards and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

5 comments:

  1. Lovely cards! I really like how you added another oval to place the sentiment, very nice job on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are lovely! Thanks for playing C4C!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cards!

    Did you mention a trick to help embossing "pop"?
    Let me know if you have a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, just found your blog. Love the title...VERY CLEVER! You also make nice cards. I see you like SU a lot. Are you a demonstrator? I am putting you in my blog list to keep track of. I too love the same things you do. We are a tremendous "sisterhood". God Bless!

    ReplyDelete