Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I SPI First Sketch Challenge

Hi everyone,

I did my first sketch challenge tonight. I decided to try the Sweet Sunday Sketch (SSSC38) from Karen Giron's The Sweetest Thing blog (http://www.kgiron.blogspot.com/). I am always inspired by what I find on her blog. I decided to make a Christmas card because I seem to be able to more easily come up with Christmas ideas. Now I just have to see if I can link it properly. Ah technology!

The background is atd Snow Day paper. The green rectangle and the octagons are Stampin' Up. I also used a small white strip of Bazzill Textures. The ribbon is Offray Woven Ribbon. The stamp is Inkadinkado Warm Holiday Wishes which I embossed using Close To My Heart Olive embossing powder. I used the Sizzix Holly and Berries texture plate after first spritzing the paper with rubbing alcohol. That trick sure makes the impression pop. I also broke out my brand spanking new Spellbinder Octagon Nestabilities.

I really like how this card turned out and I'm pretty sure this will be the first of many sketch challenges.

Enjoy and come SPI again soon!

Gisèle

1 comment:

  1. Hi there Giselle! My name is Jennipher and I just recently started trying out card challenges as well. I really like what you've done with this. I created a card for this sketch also. The link to my card is in my name if you would like to see it. I'll be back to check out your future creations.

    ReplyDelete