Sunday, October 18, 2009

Last Sympathy Card - Promise

Hello everyone,


I've got the last of my sympathy cards for you tonight. If I need to use all of these over the next little while I'm going to be heartbroken with loss.

Before getting on with the card, I've just got to fill you in on the Creativ Festival that I went to in Toronto today. It was an adventure just getting there - car, bus and train - but I had a great time. There was so much to see and do. I learned some great techniques using alcohol ink and copper paper and another using markers, water color paper, double tack film, glamour dust and outline stickers. I can't wait to try them and show off the results. Both techniques were at Heather's Stamping Haven (http://www.heathersstamping.com/) booth which ironically, is based in Ottawa. Thank goodness I still got to use my bonus card. At the Old Tyme Country Crafts booth (http://www.oldetymecountrycrafts.com/) I came across a cool technique using super sticky double sided tape (possibly Scor-Pal) and glitter. I'm not sure if it was a certain kind of glitter but I can't wait to try it with my glitter at home to see what happens. I came across tons of neat stamps including the Local King Rubber Stamp company (http://www.localkingrubberstamp.com/) which had some incredibly realistic animal stamps. I picked up a starter kit at a great deal so you can expect a few panda bear cards down the road. Notwithstanding all the papercrafts, there was sewing, needlework, knitting and beading. I was in awe over all the exceptionally creative people.

Anyway on to the last of my sympathy cards.



This time I used Mind's Eye Wild Asparagus paper and Stampin' Up Pale Plum, Perfect Plum and Whisper White paper. The Textured Trios ribbon is from Michael's. I used a new Bosskut Die - Wild Flower Cutouts. The stamp is Stampin' Up Warmest Regards. I used both the modern and curly label punches. The brad is from Multicrafts.

I'm not certain about this card. I think is is maybe a little too plain and simple. I will possibly live with it for a while before I decide if I should add to it. If it changes, I'll update. If you've any suggestions, please leave me a comment.

I hope you enjoy the post and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment