Thursday, October 29, 2009

Lost Challenges

Hello everyone,
I'm a former researcher and have been working on-line for a good fifteen years. I now love to surf stamping and card-making sites and probably look at hundreds of blogs each week. I also have some favourite sites that I visit regularly. I often subscribe to those blogs with which I am especially enamoured so updates get sent directly to my email. When I find cards that are particularly appealing I save them to an ideas file. I also bookmark sites that I know I'd like to visit again. Interesting tutorials and helpful reference pages are also bookmarked. When I come across a challenge that looks particularly interesting, I bookmark it and will also mail it to myself so I can easily cross-reference it to I SPI. All this being said, sometime I forget to follow good research principles and come across really interesting things that I can't ever find again. Because I look at so many sites and blogs the chances of finding challenges again are pretty slim. When I try re-researching, I usually just end up finding other very neat things. I would promise that it won't happen again, but that just wouldn't be realistic and frankly sometimes it's fun to get lost on the World Wide Web.

Anyway, there were two challenges over the past week or two that really appealed to me but I can't, for the life of me, find them again. One of the challenges was to use text (not a sentiment) as a design element. The other challenge was to make a card for a child. If anyone has come across either of these challenges, please email them to me and put me out of my misery. Needless to say, I've decided to make the cards anyway. Instead of making a card for each challenge though, I'm going to combine the challenges and make a girl's card and a boy's card.



For the girl's card I used Making Memories Cheeky Collection - Abby paper and scrap Stampin' Up Whisper White and Lovely Lilac. I used the Spellbinders Scallop Rectangle Nestabilities. The ribbon is from the dollar store. The stars are Lovely Lilac punched with the small star punch. The sentiment is Stampin' Up For A Friend. I highlighted here and there with some Star Dust Stickles.


The background paper for the boy's card is DCWV Birthday Stack. The ribbon is Dashes, Dots and Checks. The stars were punched with my Stampin' Up large and small star punches. The sentiment is Stampin' Up It's Your Birthday.

I like these cards and think they are pretty suitable kid cards. The challenges were fun even if I can't link them. I'll have a couple more kid cards tomorrow because I had fun once I got going and couldn't stop at two.

I hope you enjoy these cards and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment