Sunday, October 25, 2009

More Holly

Hello everyone,

Just a quick post today, I've a ton to do so I suspect I won't have time to put a card together later. This card was my first attempt at the Favourite Things challenge. I didn't like how it was coming together so I put it aside and started fresh with something else. Now that I've gone back and finished it, I'm quite pleased with the results.


The paper is atd Holiday Cheer and I've highlighted some of the holly with Shimmerz Evergreen. The ribbon is from Fabricland and was bought ages ago. The squares are punched out of QuickKutz QuickStripz Tropical. The punch is one that I found at the Creativ Festival and is absolutely horrible to use. I needed to break out the screwdriver to get the paper out. I love the result but what a pain! I don't know the brand of the punch, it has no markings on it but it is very large and is pink and pale green. I highlighted the cutouts with Close to My Heart Liquid Glass and green Stickles. The sentiment is Rubber Soul's Wordsworth and is embossed with Close to My Heart Vineyard Berry. It is stamped on Stampin' Up and Michael's leftovers. The holly leaves in the corners are Inkadinkado Warm Holiday Wishes.
I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.
Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment