Thursday, October 8, 2009

Never Too Much Christmas

Hi everyone,

I know, I know, when Christmas begins before Halloween is over things are going too far. The truth for me though, is that I really, really like to make Christmas cards. You can go over the top with a Christmas card and it's OK. You can do the fancy ribbon and extra bling and it's OK. You can emboss to your heart's content and it's OK. Here are my latest two Christmas Cards.


The background paper is atd Under the Tree. All other paper is Stampin' Up. The ribbon is Dollarama Craft Metallic. The tree is Penny Black Xmas Constellation which is embossed with Close To My Heart Silver Pearl. The Merry Christmas stamp is from the new Stampin' Up Delightful Decorations. I love the look of this tree stamp and coveted it from the moment I first laid eyes upon it, but I find it somewhat difficult to use. It is offset and leaves a blank spot in the upper right corner that is rather strange. I've tried trimming it but it just looks funny. I guess I'll just have to keep playing with it ... what a tough job that will be.

The background paper for this card is atd Holiday Cheer. I love the paper but find with just two colors it can be challenging. The green paper is from Michael's but was bought so long ago, I have know idea of the brand. The white paper is Stampin' Up as are both stamps. The ornament stamp is out of the Delightful Decorations set. These are beautiful stamps and with the coordinating punch, a very effective combo. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up The Snowflake Spot set and was punched with the scallop oval. I also used my Stampin' Up scallop border punch which, for me, is becoming a staple tool. I broke out my newly acquired Spellbinders Scallop Octagon Nestability. I love the Spellbinders dies. They are really easy to use with my Big Shot and are so very versatile. I used the Sizzix Snowflakes texture plate on the octagons and am pleased with the result. The Xmas Red Stickles provided a little extra pop. Finally, the ribbon is from Michaels - no name out of the bargain bin.

I hope you enjoy the cards and come SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment