Friday, November 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Papa

Hello everyone,

Both my parents celebrate birthdays next week so I thought I would make their cards using a couple of my favourite challenges. This is my Dad's card. He had a stroke a couple of years ago but still gets pleasure from watching the birds in their backyard. The challenge comes from the 365 Cards blog which was a recipe to use one piece of patterned paper, one embellishment and one sentiment. I fudged a bit by using the same sheet of paper both vertically and horizontally, which I don't think they had in mind, but I kind of like the result. I also got creative with punches to add even more interest but still kept it simple.



The paper is My Mind's Eye Wild Asparagus. The blue jay sticker is from Martha Stewart and the sentiment is Stampin' Up Birthday Whimsy in Tempting Turquoise.

I'm quite pleased with this card and I'm sure my Dad will get a kick out of it. I hope you also enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment:

  1. Such a clever idea to have the stripes going in both directions - and that blue jay sticker is fab!

    ReplyDelete