Friday, November 27, 2009

KISS

Hello everyone,

Tonight's card is another Pals Paper Arts challenge. They want us to KISS - Keep It Simple, Sweetie. I don't always find these clean and simple card (CAS) easy but I love the look. I figure if I just keep at it, I will eventually get more comfortable making these types of cards.


The card base is from Halcraft value pack that I get at Michaels. This is a staple for me as I make so many cards and these are very affordable card bases. I used Stampin' Up Snow Burst, Snow Swirled, Scandinavian Season and Serene Snowflakes, embossed with Close To My Heart Silver Pearl for the background. The three ornaments are, no surprise, the Ranger Adirondack alcohol ink technique, cut with the Stampin' Up ornament punch. The ribbon is, a favourite, Offray Lovely Gold. The sentiment is Stampin' Up Warm Words.
I just love this card. I so admire clean and simple sketches and this card, to me, just cries simple, yet elegant. I will confess that the ornaments are part of a stash that I made a couple of weeks ago. I just couldn't stop once I started making them and now have a number of elements to use. I just love this technique and see so many possibilites. I feel I should also explain all the bows. I've finally reached a point where I can make bows with ease, so I'm kind of going overboard. This to shall pass, so if you could just bear with me.
I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.
Gisèle

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! I love the colors of the ornaments! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

    ReplyDelete