Saturday, November 7, 2009

Simple Card Made Hard

Hello everyone,

I decided to do another challenge card tonight because my creativity was rather lagging after a fantastic Christmas card class with Debbie this afternoon. It was wonderful and the cards are beautiful - thanks Debbie! I decided to go back to the 365 Cards blog and see what they were doing today. At first glance I was thinking - easy - just what I need. Well folks, this is my third attempt and I'm still not very confident. I've never done a 'white space' card before and I've come to the conclusion that this is not my comfort zone.

The card base is a Halcraft Michael's value pack. The blue paper is from Fiskars. I used my new Stampin' Up Cornelli Lace jumbo wheel which I embossed with Close To My Heart Silver Pearl. The sentiment is Stampin' Up Labelicious stamped in Versafine Black and embossed with more of the lovely Silver Pearl.

The Cornelli Lace wheel appealed to me from the get-go and I'm not disappointed. I think this will make some incredible cards. I have to say I'm also enjoying the Close To My Heart Silver Pearl embossing powder. It is wonderful to use and I want to try it on everything because it has a different look each time depending upon the base ink, if any is used and the paper. Very cool.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment