Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Not A Card

Hello everyone,

Today's post is not a card but ornaments and is inpired by this past Thursday's Three Clovers Designs Challenge. Next to anything holly, I just love ornaments and have been making them for years. My entire tree is decorated with either handmade ornaments or one of kind ornaments from from my travels. Sometimes I'll buy an ornaments simply because it appeals to me.

Both of these ornaments are made with paper from my scrap box. I know there is some Stampin' Up Real Red, Very Vanilla and Whisper White in there but the rest, could be from anywhere. The two shapes are Spellbinders Nestabilities which I've been dying to try. Each layer is textured with a Sizzix texture plate - Holly and Berries, Flourish, Pattern 1 and Small Dots. I highlighted with both Stickles and Shimmerz. The silver ribbon is Holiday Ribbon Bow-tique from Michael's and a scrap from who knows where. I used dimensionals to attach the three layers. The star brad is from Multicrafts.

I really like these ornaments. At first, using the Nestabilities seemed a cop-out, but I really liked the idea of multi-layered ornaments. I really liked the way these cards came together and as usual, I see so many possibilities for other ornaments and cards. To be fair thought, I did need something quick and easy as I've still a million things on my plate this week.

Please enjoy these ornaments and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment