Saturday, February 6, 2010

Unorthodox Valentine

Hello everyone,

Today's Valentine is utterly and completely out of the box. This is a commissioned card from a colleague at the office who asked for a Valentine for her older son who is a huge Toronto Maple Leaf fan. I think this really fits the bill. I used today's i{heart}2stamp sketch to help me keep this design focused.


I used a Halcraft card base on which I rolled Stampin' Up's I {Love} Love jumbo wheel. The leaves were cut with a Spellbinders die in Stampin' Up Whisper White. The heart strip was made with a piece of Whisper White and Brilliant Blue and stamped with TPC Studio Hugs and Kisses and Inkadinkado Hearts. The sentiment is Stampin' Up Well Scripted mounted on a piece of Whisper White, Brilliant Blue and Basic Black scraps.

When all is said and done, I think I actually like this card. It is certainly different. I hope that my colleague and her son love it!

Please enjoy and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment