Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Mercy Magic

Hello everyone,

Today's card is inspired by a card that our Stamper's Eight club did this month. I've been wanting to try it on my own and as I'm regated to my basement while new windows are being installed, I had time to play. The technique is called 'black magic'. The sketch is Mercy Kerin's Lord Have Mercy Tuesday Sketch.


The card base is Stampin' Up Whisper White. The stripped paper is Martha Stewart Playful Blue. The remaining paper is from my scrap bin. The ribbon is a dollar store find. The image is Penny Black Paisley Pattern. The sentiment is Gina K Tag, You're It.

There are a number of blogs which explain the "Black Magic" technique, it is a really simple Google search. For my part, I stamped the image in Stampin' Up Whisper White. I coloured with Prismacolor pencil crayons. I covered the paper with Versamark Watermark and heat embossed with Stampin' Up clear embossing powder. When we first did this on club night I wondered if this image would work with this technique. I think it does however, next time I'd use brighter colours when colouring.

I'm very pleased with this card. I like how the black jumps off the page and the image just pops. The background is really simple because I wanted all the focus on the image.

Please enjoy and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment