Monday, March 29, 2010

Sundae Inspired

Hello everyone,

Tonight's card was extremely challenging and I'm not certain, at the end of it all, that I'm 100% happy with it. I used Sunday's Paper Sundaes photo inspiration challenge and today's Techno Stamper Lunchtime sketch challenge as a guide.

Here is the photo inspiration:


I just love this photo. I like the colours and the composition. Making a card inspired by this photo however, not so easy.


The card base is from Recollections. The background paper is Quickutz Dreamscape. The top layer is a piece of vellum that was smooshed with Ranger Alcohol ink then heat embossed with Stampin' Up Cornelli lace jumbo wheel and Close To My Heart silver pearl embossing powder. The scallop strip is Stampin' Up Shimmery White. The focal element is a piece of glossy paper, smooshed with Ranger Alcohol ink and coated with DecoArt Glamour Dust to which an outline sticker was applied.

I'm rather grateful that artistic impression really is in the eye of the beholder. I like how the vellum and embossing turned out as I think it translates from the image rather well. I don't like how the vellum attached to the paper - I think I need to get some vellum-specific adhesive. I love all the elements and the colours, I'm just not that happy with how it all came together. I'll have to see if I can live with it or if I need to play with it some more.

Please enjoy, leave me some comments, and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that photo is so cool! Great job on both challenges. That paper is beautiful too. Very pretty card. Thanks so much for playing along this week! Hope you are able to come back again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely! Great take on the photo, thanks for playing with us at Paper Sundaes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card, I love how you interpreted the photo. Thanks for playing at Paper Sundaes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you tied your colours back to the inspiration photo amazingly! The card is lovely and I love the techniques you were able to incorporate. Thank you for joining us at Paper Sundaes - hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete