Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thank You

Hello everyone,

Tonight's card was actually inspired by the watercolouring technique that I did last night. I was so happy with the results, I decided I needed to keep going with it. I used today's PaperPlay challenge, to make a Thank You card, as further inspiration.


The card base is Stampin' Up Very Vanilla. The paper for the solid elements is Stampin' Up Very Vanilla and Rose Red. The Rose Red was textured with Cuttlebug's Houndstooth embossing folder. The background paper is My Mind's Eye Magnolia. The image is from Magenta and was coloured with Stampin' Up watercolour crayons and spritzed with water before being stamped on watercolour paper. The sentiment is from Waltzingmouse. The brads are an unknown part of my stash but likely Keepsakes Memories from Multicrafts.

I love this card so much that I've prepped for an orange and a purple version. I'll post them as soon as I've got them together. I'm eager to experiment with some of my other stamps so stay tuned. The only disappointment is that my Rose Red element is not perfectly straight and I couldn't even fudge it against the Very Vanilla piece. Sometimes you just have to let go and I doubt the recipient will mind.

Please enjoy and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty card, Gisèle - I love that flower, really simple but totally effective.

    Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

    Julie :o)

    ReplyDelete