Sunday, March 28, 2010

Yet Again Birthday

Hello everyone,

Yet again, I couldn't resist today's Sweet Sunday Sketch. Yet again, I couldn't resist the watercolour crayon technique. Yet again, I've put together a male birthday card.

The card base is Stampin' Up Very Vanilla. The background papers are Stampin' Up Mellow Moss and Chocolate Chip both of which were textured with Sizzix Small Dots. The patterened paper is Stampin' Up Sweet Pea. The ribbon is Michael's Special Value. The image is Stamp Barn (for Heather's Stamping Haven) Enchanted Hollow. The sentiment is Stampin' Up Small Script which is mounted on an oval cut from one of the mis-stamps of the focal image.

I'm really happy with this very male birthday card. I love all the natural colours. It took me a number of efforts (seven actually) before I was happy with the final image. This is one of my favourite tree images as it is so very forgiving. I can't say when I'll actually get over my watercolour crayon obsession. I suspect that once I've got time to put together a bunch of cards all at once, I'll get sick of it but, at the moment I'm pressed for time, so every card I make feeds the blog.

Please enjoy and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment