Thursday, April 15, 2010

Asian Butterflies

Hello everyone,

So, I am not quite finished with the watercolour technique after all. Today's card was inspired by today's Pals Paper Arts sketch and Flutter By Wednesday's open challenge.


The background paper and the vertical strip is DCWV Far East stack. The image is Impression Obsession Butterfly. The stamp was coloured with Stampin' Up watercolour crayons, spritzed with water and stamped on watercolour paper. The ribbon is Michael's Special Value.

I just love this card! Asian motifs are not necessarily my style but there was something so very appealing about this paper. I'm very excited to explore the possibilities. The butterfly stamp was just irresistible and it works so beautifully with the watercolour technique.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. I love your technique and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo Pretty! Your technique sure looks good to me :) Thanks for playing at PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great card! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What pretty butterflies and a fabulous card! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Flutter By Wednesday! :)

    ReplyDelete