Friday, April 2, 2010

Casing Simplicity

Hello everyone,

Today's card is cased from my favourite blog, Simplicity (I swear I'm not stalking you Susan). I was utterly struck by Susan's card (who cased it from Joan B at Paperlicious) and just couldn't help replicating. I also took advantage of today's Stamp Something challenge which was to use pink.

The card base is Recollections. The image is Stampin' Up Delight in Life which was embossed with Close To My Heart black embossing powder and highlighted with Golden Rod and Fruit Punch Stickles. The sentiment is Gina K Tag Lines embossed with Close To My Heart baby pink embossing powder. The pink layer is Stampin' Up Pink Passion. The black layer is an unknown piece from my stash. The image on the black layer is stamped in white Color Box ink and embossed with Stampin' Up clear embossing powder.

I really love this card. It turned out better than I pictured in my mind. I love how everything just pops. The colours are sophisticated but the card is so simple. Thanks for the inspiration Susan.

Please enjoy and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

2 comments:

  1. Oh, VERY cool and dramatic. Those colors really work with this quite well to give the whole idea a completely different look! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love the design.

    Thanks for joining us on Stamp Something, good luck :)

    ReplyDelete