Sunday, April 11, 2010

Scrapped Sketch

Hello everyone,

Today's card is inspired by Friday's Everything Old Is New Again challenge to use only scraps and yesterday's Sketch Saturday. Again, I couldn't resist the challenge of going through my scrap box and I think Sketch Saturday's sketch was just made for scraps.

The background paper is Stampin' Up Ruby Red textured with Sizzix Pattern 1. The brown paper is Stampin' Up Bella Rose. The lighter paper is Stampin' Up Very Vanilla. The four strips were also textured with Sizzix Pattern 1. The patterned paper is a free gift that I got with an order from Scrap 'n Stamp. The image is Stampin' Up Pockette Silhouettes. The sentiment is Hero Arts Thoughtful Messages. The embellishments are Peggy's Pretties.

I love this card! I started with the patterned paper and drew everything from there because my scrap was only 1.5" by 5.5". I also found that texturing really added dimension to the scrap pieces. The image and sentiments are favourites of mine. I couldn't not do the Everything Old Is New Again challenge after last week's bonanza. I promise Allison, only one card this week.

Please enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

2 comments:

  1. Very lovely card and great use of your DP scraps. Thanks for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful, elegant card! Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday! Hugs, Sem x

    ReplyDelete