Saturday, April 24, 2010

Simply Wonderful

Hello everyone,

I'm finally feeling like I've got my mojo back. Yesterday's Pals Paper Arts challenge was to 'Keep It Simple Sweetie', the type of challenge that I love so I decided to just go for it. I went through my stamps to see what appealed and came across Stampin' Up's Botanical Blooms. Am I ever glad this set was inspiring because this card is spectacular!

The card base is from Recollections. The images are the two-step Stampin' Up set Botanical Blooms. The first part of the stamp, the outline, was stamped with Soft Suede. The second part of the stamp, the fill, was stamped after being coloured with watercolour crayons and spritzed with water. The sentiment is Stampin' Up Warm Words.

I love this card! It is truly a KISS card. While I could have positioned the leaves better, it adds a certain dimension because it isn't perfect. Thank goodness for the Stamp-a-ma-jig! This is a tool I don't think I'd want to live without.

Please enjoy and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment:

  1. Simple and sweet - the perfect KISS card! I use my stamp-a-ma-jig all of the time - wish it had a simpler name :) Thanks for joining us at PPA!

    ReplyDelete