Monday, April 19, 2010

Sweet Butterfly

Hello everyone,

It shouldn't be much of a surprise that my creativity is lagging somewhat today after yesterday's marathon. I turned to a favourite, Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch to help me focus and it worked it's usual magic.


The background paper is My Mind's Eye Magnolia. The remaining paper is Stampin' Up Ruby Red, Wild Wasabi, More Mustard and Whisper White. The Ruby Red layer was embossed with the Sizzix Pattern 2 texture plate and highlighted with Platinum Stickles. The More Mustard layer was textured with the Cuttlebug Floral Fantasy embossing folder. The image, stamped in black Versafine and heat embossed with Stampin' Up clear embossing powder, is Technique Tuesday BoHo Buzz. The image is painted with an Aqua Painter and Stampin' Up Earth Elements watercolour crayons and highlighted with Platinum Stickles. The ribbon is Michael's Special Value. The metal flower brad is from Multicrafts.

I love the warm colours of this card. I`m still not thrilled with my colouring / painting abilities but that just takes practise. This is still a lovely card.

I hope you enjoy and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment