Sunday, May 23, 2010

Asian Birthday Sketch

Hello everyone,

I couldn't resist today's Card Positioning System sketch. It's very graphic which always appeals to me.


The background paper is DCWV Far East Stack. The brown layer is Stampin' Up Close To Cocoa. The pink layer is Stampin' Up Blush Blossom. Both these layers are textured with Sizzix Flourish texture plate. The square elements are Ranger copper alcohol ink mixative swooshed glossy paper. The image is Stampin' Up Asian Artistry. The sentiment is Sweet 'n Sassy Birthday Greetings.

I love the Far East Stack. It has some beautiful papers that are wonderfully different. That being said, this pink sheet doesn't do a ton for me except that it haas some interesting butterflies on it. I also have to say I am not a big fan of Close To Cocoa, I find it dull and drab. Combined however, these two papers work beautifully. I think the copper squares pop nicely. All in all, it turned out just great!

I hope you enjoy and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty! What a neat background you made! Great job with CPS sketch 168!

    ♥♥♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card! Love how you used the "Far East" papers. :)

    ReplyDelete