Thursday, May 13, 2010

Butterflies in Flight

Hello everyone,

I decided to undertake another card for the latest Embellish Magazine publication call. It's not that I wasn't pleased with my previous card, I was, but I had this idea in my head and just had to follow it through.


The card base is Recollections. The background image is Stampin' Up Watercolour Vine jumbo wheel stamped in YoYo Yellow and Tempting Turquoise. The paper is all Stampin' Up - Whisper White, Basic Black, YoYo Yellow, Tempting Turquoise and Pink Passion. The butterflies are cut with Sizzix Embosslits Beautiful Wings and DecoArt Glamour Dusted. The buttons are from my button jar. The sentiment is Hero Arts Thoughtful Messages.

Every now and again I make a card that just astounds me and this is one of those cards. I was thinking and thinking and thinking about this colour challenge and when I finally put it all together, it was even better than I imagined. How can you not love all the glittery butterflies against that background. It is such an irresistibly cheery, bright and fresh card. While I usually sell or give away most of my cards, I think I just may have to keep this one.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment