Monday, May 10, 2010

Embellished Birthday

Hello everyone,

Today's card was a tough one. I wanted to create a card to submit for the latest Embellish Magazine publication call. The requirements require using the colours yellow, pink, turquoise and black. There is also a requirement to use buttons in a creative way. I like the colours and my good friend Eleanor treated me to a very cool button punch so I thought it would be a breeze. Not so ...

The card base is from Recollections. The bottom layer of the strips is Quickutz Quick Stripz Tropical. The middle layer of the strips is Stampin' Up Basic Black. The patterned paper is DCWV Birthday. The buttons are punched with the EK Success Double Button Punch with more DCWV Brithday. The sentiment, Sweet 'n Sassy Birthday Greetings, is stamped on Stampin' Up Whisper White with VersaFine Onyx Black. The button thread is Sakura 3-D gel pens.

This card actually came together when I stumbled upon the DCWV Birthday paper. It made it so much easier to choose the remaining colours. I'm very happy with this card. It is bright and cheerful and I can't wait to give it away.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment: