Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Birthday Brother

Hello everyone,

The last couple of days, I've been working on cards that I need for upcoming events. One such occasion is my brother's birthday, which is in a few weeks time. He is very appreciative of anything we make for him so I'm fairly certain he'll like this card. I used today's Techno Stamper Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge as a guide. The card ended up a lot more 'American' than I intended, even though my brother lives in the US, so I figure Memorial Day was more of an influence than I would have predicted.

The background paper is Stampin' Up Real Red, textured with Sizzix Retro Squares. The patterned layers is BasicGrey Marrakech. The vertical strip is Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip. The sentiment, Close To My Heart Card Sentiments, is stamped on a scrap of white Recollections and layered on a scrap of navy.

The more I look at this card the more American it feels, in a kind of old fashioned country way. The patterned paper reminds me somewhat of a quilt and the stars, well how much more U. S. of A. can you get. This is certainly not my style but I still really like this card. The sketch was, as usual, just wonderful. I don't know if I'll end up using this for my brother, but if not, it will have a place in my stash and I'll have the perfect excuse to make another card.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment:

  1. Yep it is very Americana feeling! Love it. Great sentiment too! Thanks so much for playing along.

    ReplyDelete