Thursday, May 6, 2010

Mother's Day Sketch

Hello everyone,

Today's card is based on Wednesday's Diva Coffee Break Design Sketch. It is one of those sketches that I just find I absolutely have to try. I rarely regret it and today is no exception.

The background paper is Stampin' Up Mellow Moss, textured with Sizzix small dots, and Barely Banana, textured with Sizzix Pattern 1. The 'petals' are punched with Stampin' Up's large oval punch from BasicGrey Wisteria paper. The ribbon is Dashes, Dots and Checks from Michael's. The pearls are an unknown part of my stash but likely from the dollar store. The sentiment is Stampin' Up All Holidays.

I just love this card. It is very spring-like. A lot of the blogs have been asking for 'spring time' cards and I wasn't sure what they meant by it, now I do. I think the colours, textures and proportion on this card worked perfectly - and that is not always the case. If none of my colleagues pick this card up tomorrow, I think I'll put it in my stash for next year.

I hope you enjoy and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment:

  1. LOVELY! This is so soft and sophisticated- great job with the sketch! Thanks for joining the Divas this week!

    ReplyDelete