Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Punchy Sketch

Hello everyone,

Today's card is inspired by Friday's Everything Old Is New Again Challenge which was looking for cards that had punched elements. It also provided a great sketch from last week's Clean & Simple Stamping sketch. I used that same sketch for this Father's Day card.


The card base is from Recollections. The image is Stampin' Up Medallion, stamped in Soft Suede, embossed with Close To My Heart Silver Pearl embossing powder, and punched with a small oval punch. The background layers are Stampin' Up Bashful Blue, Barely Banana and Pale Plum, cut with a large oval and textured with Cuttlebug's Victoria dry embossing folder. The ribbon is Sheer Creations from Michaels. The sentiment is Stampin' Up Warm Words.

I really can't say this card turned out as I had pictured it. I started with my favourite ribbon and built the card from there. I also love the Medallion stamp. Heat embossing the Soft Suede was an experiment which turned out great! I'll definitely use that again. Thinking that if I combined all my favourite things the card would be perfect - not exactly. I don't dislike this card, I just don't love it.

I do hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow Gisele...what a great combo of ideas (so love the idea of punching out image from a big BG stamp!). Such neat styling...thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! This is fabulous. Very elegant

    ReplyDelete