Monday, June 7, 2010

Another Clean & Simple Father's Day

Hello everyone,

Today's card was requested by one of my colleagues. Her husband dreams of his very own tractor and this is as close as he'll get for the moment. Once, I got my hands on the sticker set, I used Friday's Clean & Simple Stamping sketch to bring everything together.


The two background layers are Chatter Box Big Rec Blocks. The horizontal blue strip is from the scrap bin and went through the crimper before being attached to the card. The sticker, applied to a scrap of Stampin' Up Very Vanilla, is from EK Success. The sentiment is Stampin' Up Well Scripted. The embellishments are Oregon Raindrops.

I think this is a wonderful card. It took me forever to find the perfect tractor sticker and I'm glad I was so patient. This is similar to this card that I crafted at the 12-hour crop a month back.

I don't have much in my stash when it comes to 'boy' stamps. I've hesitated to invest in them because I really don't know how often they'll be used. I've found that some really nice stickers will go a long, long way. I've recently picked up truck, airplanes, dinosaurs and now tractors stickers. That is an awful lot of boy cards which are very impactful and whose costs are extremely reasonable.

I hope you enjoy these cards and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment