Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Robots

Hello everyone,

Today's card came about very weirdly. Over the weekend I came across the Waltzingmouse Sketch and it scared the heck out of me. Then on Sunday, the Stamptacular Challenge was to use stars and stripes which just smacks of July 4th and that's not something I'm into. I was just going to pass when a new blogging friend, Erin T of Homemade Cards by Erin, inspired me with her Waltzingmouse sketch and since we enjoy a lot of the same challenges I thought, why not. I'm really glad I did.

The paper for this card is My Mind's Eye Wild Asparagus and Magnolia. The chipboard elements are My Mind's Eye Lil' Robots. The sentiment is Stampin' Up Vintage Labels.

I decided if I was going to attempt a sketch that scared me, I may as well go totally outside my comfort zone and craft a boy's card. I had picked up these chipboard elements at the Multicrafts garage sale a few weeks ago because it was a really great deal. This type of embellishment is not something I'd generally pick up but these robots are darn cute and I wanted elements that could be used for boy cards instead of stamps. I think this card turned out beautifully. The sketch was the perfect inspiration and the chipboard was perfect. I love that I could add the sentiment to the large star. About the only thing I would add, if I could, would be stamping some background stars on the orange elements. Too bad I didn't think of that before applying the chipboard.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

7 comments:

  1. You're so sweet! Great job, so glad I could help you work up some creative mojo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Very clever the way you have positioned the images in the bottom left and top right to be in the 'middle' of the square yet part of the overall circle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fab, fun card - great take on the sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun is this robot card! a great kid design! love the colors - thanks for playing with WMS this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card for a boy. Great colour combos. I was afraid of this WMS sketch, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great take on our challenge this week! So fun! Thanks for playing along at SSC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great job you did on the challenge...love them robots! Thanks for joining the stars and stripes challenge this week at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge.
    Pleasantly,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete