Thursday, June 10, 2010

Rock Star

Hello everyone,

First off, apologies for not posting yesterday. Life just got completely away from me and I couldn't swing either a card nor a post.

Second, I'm playing with some new templates for my blog as I'm finding the green a little distracting. I am looking for something more neutral and professional that will better highlight my cards. Opinions and feedback (Cynthia) are most welcome.

Today's card is for the brother of a colleague. He is a deejay, working hard to establish himself, and she is trying to encourage him as much as possible. This has given me a chance to try some new things and in this case, I think it really worked. I used Technostamper's Monday Lunchtime Sketch to highlight the focal image.


The background paper is DCWV Retro Prints. The two vertical layers are Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip and Ruby Red. The Ruby Red strips are textured with Cuttlebug's Spots & Dots. The focal image is an EK Success Jolee's Boutique sticker, Rock Star.

I just love this card. I think everything works together beautifully. The colours are great and the sticker is awesome! I've only recently started looking at stickers as an option for my cards. I've discovered that stickers provide a very reasonably priced alternative to purchasing dedicated stamps. The theme of this card will certainly not be for everyone (it doesn't really appeal to me either) but I really wanted to share the idea of this card. Using stickers and a great sketch helped me craft a really personal card that I'm sure my colleague will love.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gisele

    Love the new template. It really lets your eye be drawn to and focus on the card. And the card is very very cool! :)

    I think your colleague's brother is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too like this new one. Plus, I love your card, what a fun image! Great job with the challenge, thanks so much for playing.

    ReplyDelete