Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sweeter Birthday

Hello everyone,

Another commissioned card today. The friend of a colleague is turning 50 and she wanted a special card. I used Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch as inspiration.

The card base is from Recollections. The blue strip is DCWV Brights Textured Cardstock while the green piece is from the Neutral pad. The patterned paper is BasicGrey Wisteria layered on a piece of Close To My Heart Pansy Purple. The sentiment is Penny Black Happy, Happy.

I love this card. The BasicGrey paper is so beautiful with all the wonderful colours. BasicGrey is fast becoming my favourite paper. I also love this sketch. It was perfect for using up some of my goofed cards from Thursday's Simple Colour Challenge card. Maybe I'll repeat this sketch a couple of times as I've still got five other goofed cards to use up.

Please enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment:

  1. That's a lovely card! I was inspired by your card below and made one based on that sketch.

    ReplyDelete