Thursday, July 1, 2010

Sketched Birthday II

Hello everyone,

Happy Canada Day! Just a quick post before we head out to a BBQ and fireworks.

I used Monday's Little Paper Shop sketch as inspiration for this card.

The background paper is Recollections layered with BasicGrey Porcelain which has been highlighted with Platinum Stickles. The ribbon is Michael's Special Value. The image is BasicGrey Filigree. The sentiment is Stampin' Up Warmest Regards stamped in Mellow Moss on a scrap of Whisper White.

I found this sketch exceptionally appealing. It's not often you're challenged to stamp directly on patterned paper and I thought that was rather neat. I'd like to acknowlege the sketch designer, Allison Fillo. Not only is she affiliated with the Little Paper Shop but she also has a fantastic blog, Stampin' When I Can and co-runs the Everything Old Is New Again challenges on Fridays. Check her out!

I really like this card. It is quite muted with the earthy and somewhat subtle colours. As most already know, I've fallen hard for BasicGrey paper. I particularly love paper which lends itself to Stickles highlighting and this sheet could be any more suitable. The Stickles add just that wee bit extra.

I hope everyone enjoys this card and comes back to SPI again soon!

Gisèle

4 comments:

  1. Oh that is super cool! I think this is the best take I have seen so far. I have some Christmas DP with a similar pattern so I may have to scam your idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty! Love the cute bows! What a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I love the DP! Great card! Thanks for playing along at LPS with us!

    ReplyDelete