Saturday, July 3, 2010

Wedding Blitz

Hello everyone,

I had planned to make baby cards this weekend because I've none in my stash but instead, it looks like it's all about weddings. My mom has requested a wedding card and was actually very specific so it was rather fun to rise to the challenge. I've use today's i{heart}2stamp Sketch For You To Try (SFYTT) as a starting point. Mom wanted a blue bird and the bride and groom initials incorporated in the design.


The background paper is DCWV Floral Prints. The verital strips are Stampin' Up Shimmery White textured with Sizzix Pattern 1 and Vanilla Smooch Spritzed. The blue elements are all glossy paper to which Ranger Adirondack alcohol ink was applied. The initials are Provo Craft Olivia font. The bird and leaves are Sizzix dies and are applied to a scrap of acetate which has been textured with the Victoria Cuttlebug folder.
This is a very pretty card. I love all the blues and white as well as the sparkle. The acetate was a bit of an experiment. My girlfriend Michelle had seen it at a Close To My Heart class and I thought it was a great idea. It may have been just one too many a technique for a single card but it does make for some great texture.
I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.
Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment