Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Clean & Simple Sympathy

Hello everyone,

Today's card is inspired by Monday's Cuttlebug Spot challenge to create a sympathy card. I never have enough sympathy cards in my stash so I felt this was a good choice. I used Friday's Clean & Simple Stamping sketch challenge as a starting point.

The background paper is BasicGrey Cappella. The green layer is Stampin' Up Mellow Moss textured with Cuttlebug's Birds and Swirls folder. The sentiment, from the Stamp Barn, is stamped on a scrap of Whisper White which was stamped with Stampin' Up's Watercolour Vine jumbo wheel in Close To Cocoa. The ribbon is Home & More Classic Collections.

I think this works very well as a sympathy card. It is subtle and natural. I'm very pleased with the sentiment stamped on top of a stamped scrap. The ribbon has been part of my stash for ages, I just couldn't resist when I saw it in the sale bin.

I'm going to be a rather sporadic blogger for the next few weeks. I'm on holidays and while I'll be visiting my sisters for a few days, we're also working on renovations which is just killing my creativity. Everything should get back to normal after Labour day.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

2 comments: