Thursday, September 2, 2010

This Too Shall Pass

Hello everyone,

I know, I know, posts have been falling off lately. I'm still on vacation and doing work around the house and now getting ready for back to school and work. Give me another week or so and it should all get back to normal.

Today's card is for Simplicity's One Layer Wednesday challenge which is trees. While this card looks simple, it did take me a while to find the image and sentiment. It works though.

The card base is from Recollections. The image is Gina K. Tree Silhouettes. It was coloured with Stampin' Up watercolour crayons then misted with water. The sentiment is Sweet 'n Sassy Autumn Blessings.

I wasn't all that happy with the image when I first stamped it but once dry, it has that great watercolour effect. This is the first time I've used this sentiment and it is perfect.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

8 comments:

  1. great card. It is such a busy time of year.. and it only gets busier with holidays around the corner too...yikes.. I really like this saying. My mom used to say it all the time. tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the trees... and really, don't beat yourself up about the cards-- remember this hobby is suppose to be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THe trees are awesome! I too find that if I wait for a day after finishing my card, I like it much better! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sentiment with those trees is sooooo perfect. Great job, packed with solace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect choice of trees with that sentiment. Works well together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific CAS card! And I agree with Bahb and Carol - the image and sentiment are a great match!
    Sharon D. from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant, image and sentiment work so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous combo of sentiment and trees. And the watercolor treatment enhances the whole thing perfectly!

    ReplyDelete