Monday, October 4, 2010

Fall Colours

Hello everyone,

As much as I'm enjoying crafting Christmas cards, I'm really in need of replenishing my 'thinking of you' card stash. My husband and I drove out to the nursery on Sunday and on a perfect fall day in Canada's capital, the fall scenery was absolutely resplendent. It was much too inspiring not to use in a card.

The card base is from Recollections. The images and sentiment are Sweet 'n Sassy Autumn Blessings stamped with Stampin' Up More Mustard, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust and Ruby Red. The sentiment is stamped on a scrap of Whisper White layered on a scrap of Old Olive. The embellishments are Peggy's Pretties.

The card is based on Saturday's Waltzingmouse sketch. It also meets last Tuesday's My Time To Craft challenge which was autumn themes and colours. Last week's Tuesday Taggers challenge was anything autumny so this card all fits that bill.

I just love this card. The colours and images are as striking as the scenery on Sunday. There is just something about fall colours that is so very appealing. It makes me glad that I live somewhere where the fall colours are so blatantly striking.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

6 comments:

  1. I love the wonderful colors on your leaves! thanks for playing with WMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! The trees are already changing?? I live in the desert (some of them do change - but not until January). I realize it's October already . . .

    Your card is just stunning - I love the open outline with all that color - leaves something to the imagination! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Those multicolored leaves are stunning! Love the fall colors! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow those leaves are just beautiful! So glad you joined us for the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous colors on those leaves. beautiful card! thanks for joining us at WMSC this week!

    ReplyDelete