Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Vintage Holly

Hello everyone,

Today's card is another all about vintage. I used Monday's Lunchtime Sketch as a starting point and was really inspired to keep it vintage to meet last Thursday's Charisma Cardz challenge.


The background paper is by Anna Griffin as are the two papers in the middle layer. The element on the left was textured with Cuttlebug's Holly dry embossing folder. The image is Annabelle Holly Branch which is stamped is Color Box gold and heat embossed with Close To My Heart gold embossing powder. The sentiment, treated just like the image, is Cornish Heritage Farms Vintage Christmas Expressions. The embellishments are American Crafts mini glitter brads.

I've come across some really nice vintage Christmas papers and stamps in the last while and have been very inspired by the feelings invoked by old Christmas cards and decorations. They just are not made that way any more. I think this is a great vintage card and am so pleased with the results. Holly will always be a favourite holiday image and I love the warmth of this card with just that little sprinkling of gold.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I love that embossing and the holly stamp. Great job on the sketch, thanks so much for playing along.

    ReplyDelete