Saturday, November 13, 2010

Don't Look Mom

Hello everyone,

November, like September, is a month full of birthdays for me. Both my parents and my brother-in-law are getting cards. I'm starting with my Mom's because my daughter and I spent a great day with her today so she is on my mind. I started out with last Sunday's awesome Card Positioning Systems sketch and this Wednesday's Sisterhood of Crafters put forward a Birthday card challenge.

The background paper is Bazzill Bling. The patterned paper is My Mind's Eye Wild Asparagus. The sentiment, Hero Arts Thoughtful Messages, is stamped on a scrap of Stampin' Up Very Vanilla. The images are Basic Grey Filigree. The border is cut with Martha Stewart Quilted Edge punch. The three flowers are cut with Spellbinders Kaleidoscope Pendant. The embellishments are Close To My Heart Mocha Opaques.

I love this card and I know my Mom will as well. Her favourite colour is red so virtually each card I make her will incorporate some red. My Mom is also a fantastic quilter so this particular Martha Stewart punch was particularly appropriate. This sentiment, done with the embellishments, is one of my favourites and I've used it a number of times.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

3 comments:

  1. oohh beautiful birthday card. love the flowers, perfect Birthday card! Thanks so much for playing along with us in The sisterhood of crafters. Hope to see you again next week.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. I'm sure your mom will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful ... she's going to love it! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at The Sisterhood! We hope you'll join us again next challenge!

    ReplyDelete