Friday, December 10, 2010

More Sympathy

Hello everyone,

Another quick sympathy card today. This is a commissioned card for my colleague's whose husband passed away. She is an avid gardener and I rather ran with that theme. I have to say, it has been rather soothing to make these cards for friends to give her. I used Sunday's Stars and Stamps sketch challenge as my starting point.


The card base is from Recollections. The vertical strip is Stampin' Up Rose Red textured with Sizzix Pattern 1. The patterned paper is My Mind's Eye Wild Asparagus. The image is Stampin' Up Asia Artistry coloured with watercolour crayons and spritzed with water before being applied to watercolour paper. It is layered on a piece of Chocolate Chip. The sentiment is Stampin' Up Warmest Regards also stamped on a piece of watercolour paper.

I love this sympathy card. It really speaks of my colleague and her love of gardening and her classic style. I hope it brings even the smallest measure of comfort. I love the Asian Artistry set. All of the stamps lend very, very well to the watercolour technique which is one of my favourites.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment