Saturday, March 26, 2011

Asian Inspired

Hello everyone,

I've three cards for you today. I wanted to undertake a series of Asian-inspired cards which I could auction to raise donations for the Canadian Red Cross Japanese relief drive. I'm really hoping that my colleagues at the office will dig deep. The last two of the cards are completely my own design, while the first card uses last Sunday's Paper Players sketch which was just too appealing to resist.

The card base is from Recollections, the focal layer is DCWV Far East stack layered on Stampin' Up Basic Black. The ribbon is Michael's Special Value. The sentiment is Gina K Fanciful Tags. The embellishments are Kaisercraft pearls.

The card base is from Recollections. The base layer is Stampin' Up Soft Sky textured with Cuttlebug's Oriental Weave dry embossing folder and layered on Close To My Heart Twilight. The sentiment is Stampin' Up Curly Cute layered on DCWV Far East stack and more Close To My Heart Twilight.

The patterned paper is more DCWV Far East stack layered on Close To My Heart Twilight. The base layer is Stampin' Up Soft Suede which was stamped with Asian Artistry in Nick Bantock Deep Turquoise. All images were highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.

I just love all three cards. They are each very different yet have the Asian feeling that I wanted. I love the simplicity of the Paper Players sketch and it was wonderful to work the paper into the sketch. The same worked with the blue card which just used a scrap of the DCWV paper. I have to say, I'm just in love with the Sakura Clear Star pen. It worked amazingly on the stamped image and I can't wait to try it again on another card.

I hope you enjoy these cards and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment