Friday, March 18, 2011

Baby Announcement

Hello everyone,

Today's card is a prototype for a friend's baby announcement cards. A bunch of us girls are going to get together in the next couple of weeks to actually build them. It was so much fun designing this card I know we're going to have a blast building them.


The card base is from Recollections. The blue layers are Bazzill textures. The patterned paper is Little Yellow Bicycle Delightful Collection Blooms. The sentiment, Stampin' Up Curvy Verses in Nick Bantock Charcoal Grey, and the image, Inkadinkado Baby Animals in Stampin' Up Dusty Durango, are stamped on white Recollections paper.

I think this is a great baby announcement card. It has to be a simple layout because we've so many to make but I've tried to compensate with texture and really graphic paper. I think it is a pretty neutral card, I've at least tried to balance yin and yang. I may still play with the top layer as the Inkadinkado set has some great images that are just a tad too large for the panel.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment