Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Birthday Greetings

Hello everyone

Today's card takes advantage of another of my flubs from this past weekend. I used Saturday's I {heart} 2 Stamp sketch as a jumping off point and last week's Fussy and Fancy Friday challenge was embossing which was the entire focus of the flub.

The paper is all BasicGrey Lemonade and vanilla Recollections. The image is embossed with Cuttlebug's With Love and painted with Shimmerz Blingz Gold Glimmer. The butterflies are Ranger Adirondack Watermelon and Shell Pink alcohol ink and Gold Mixative, applied to velum and cut with Sizzix Beautiful wings Embosslits. The sentiment is Annabelle Stamps Sentimental Bluebells stamped in Stampin' Up Melon Mambo. The flowers and butterflies are highlighted with Fruit Punch and Star Dust Stickles respectively.

I just love this girly, girly card. It has a vintage vibe which comes from combining the great BasicGrey patterns. If only men cards were so easy to craft. I still have a couple of flubs but I'm not certain how I could incorporate them into cards. I'll have to do some experimenting over the weekend.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this card, Gisele! It is so cute, and girly, and i love the colour combination. A real winner!

    ReplyDelete