Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Birthday Wishes

Hello everyone,

Today's card uses one of the flubs from my weekend of card making frustration. I've used Sunday's Card Positioning Systems sketch and today's My Time To Craft 'jewels' challenge when crafting this card.

The patterned paper is DCWV Pocket Full of Posies. The green layer is Stampin' Up Certainly Celery which was dry embossed with Sizzix Floral Expression texture plate. The lavender layer is Bazzill Bling. The image, Cuttlebug's With Love, was dry embossed on a Recollections card base and painted with Shimmerz Angel Wings. The sentiment is Lizzie Anne Say It In Script. The embellishments are Kiwi Oregon Raindrops.

This was one of my test pieces for last week's One Layer Wednesday shimmer challenge. I didn't want to just through it out so I repurposed it into, what I think is, a really beautiful card. I love pink and green together. It was also great to find paper and texture to match the image.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

2 comments:

  1. Good colours,great embossing and cute flowers - lovely x Thanks for joining us at MTTCC this week and I hope we see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely card Gisele!
    Thanks so much for joining in our 'Jewels' challenge at MTTC this week!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete