Thursday, March 17, 2011

Butterfly Birthday

Hello everyone,

I'm breaking into more of my recently acquired Close To My Heart papers. Tuesday's Inspirational Card Sketches had a great sketch that I just had to try.

The paper is all Close To My Heart - Black, Crystal Blue, Sweet Leaf and Wings. The blue layer is dry embossed with Sizzix Flourish texture plate. The butterflies, Sizzix Beautiful Wings embosslits, are more Sweet Leaf paper glittered with Crystal Glitter Ritz Warm Highlight Transparent Micro Fine Glitter. The sentiment is from Magenta. The embellishments are Close To My Heart Licorice Opaques.

I absolutely love this card. Every element I thought of, just worked with one another as I pulled the pieces together. It really is wonderful when cards virtually craft themselves. The colours works, the texture works, the images work and the sentiment works. How awesome!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

5 comments:

  1. Breathtaking!! Beautifully done using ICS sketch this week. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving those butterflies and how you have used them in with the sketch. Many thanks for sharing with us at ICS. Nicola xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you incorporated the stamps in your card. The butterflies are marvellous! Lucky birthday person :-)
    www.polkadotdoordesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful......... Thank you for joining us at ICS
    Susie xx

    ReplyDelete