Thursday, March 24, 2011

Happy Birthdays

Hello everyone,

Every once in a while I craft I card that I absolutely love and have to repeat it over and over. This is the case with today's cards. I tried one, fell in love, and made three more.

The card bases are all Recollections. The paper is Stampin' Up Sage Shadow, Apricot Appeal, Rich Razzleberry, Baja Breeze, Basic Black and Whisper White. The solid papers were dry embossed with Cuttlebug's Victoria folder. The image is Impression Obsession Cover-A-Card Flourishes which are highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen. The sentiments are Waltzingmouse Say It With Style, Stampin' Up Well Scripted and Perfect Punches, and Hero Arts Thoughtful Messages. The embellishments are Close To My Heart Bitty Sparkles and Licorice Opaques, and Amuse Creative Candy White Pretty Pearls.

I see so many possibilities with this simple, yet not clean, card. It all started with a visit to Heather's Stamping Haven and I have to say I'm mightily impressed with this stamp. I've got another that I've not yet tried but anticipate I'll love it just as much. Combined with the Clear Star glitter pen, this image is pretty incredible! As a side note, it was also rather fun to pull out some of my older Stampin' Up paper like Sage Shadow and Apricot Appeal.

I hope you enjoy these cards and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment: