Saturday, March 12, 2011

Inspired

Hello everyone,

This week's One Layer Wednesday challenge is to find inspiration from Marta Dansie's Pinterest boards. I was inspired by one of the photos from her Craft and DIY board.

I was certainly inspired by all the colours in this chart but I also found the precision of the chart appealing. What inspired me most however was the watercolours themselves. One of my most favourite techniques is colouring images with watercolour crayons then spritzing them with water before stamping the impression.

The card base is from Recollections. The image is Impression Obsession Victorian Flowers which were coloured in Stampin' Up Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive and Garden Green watercolour crayons. The sentiment is Waltzingmouse Say It With Style which was stamped in Stampin' Up Early Espresso.

I will tell you that this is not my first effort with this card, in fact it is not my second or third. I have so much watercolour paper cut, you can expect to see a ton of cards with this watercolour technique. Don't ever believe someone who says that clean and simple cards are easy because they most certainly are not. Of course, the watercolour technique is it's own challenge. Too much water and the image just blobs. Too little water and the image doesn't stamp clearly. Still, I love the how these types of card turn out so it's all well worth it in the end.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely love it Gisele
    It might have taken a couple of tries - but I'd say it was worth it. This card is stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW!! (please read that in slooooow motion!) Knockout stamp and brilliant card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can never get the watercolor look when spritzing with water..I just get a big mess! I LOVE what you've done here....so pretty!

    ReplyDelete