Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Girly Birthday

Hello everyone,

I've a bunch of girls birthdays coming up in the next few weeks and I've realized that I better get moving on them.

The gold background paper is of unknown origin. The middle layers are Shinwazome Chiyogami origami paper layered on Stampin' Up Lavender Lace. The sentiment, Stampin' Up Well Scripted, is stamped on Whisper White and layered on a scrap of Lavender Lace. The butterfly, Marianne Creatables Butterfly LR0114, is die cut from Pretty In Pink. The embellishments are Hero Arts Metallic Décor. The outline of each layer is highlighted with Sakura's Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.

In the registration package I received at a recent crop, I got a spectacular piece of origami paper which inspired me to see what other origami papers I could find. Well, I discovered tons of papers online and was as inspired as much this time around as I was last time. This card is for one of my nieces who is turning eleven and loves everything oriental. I figure I couldn't go wrong with the pink and purple which are found in the origami paper. I think this is the perfect card for her.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment:

  1. Great start with the origami paper Gisele! I can't wait to get started! I have my first stamping club meeting this Friday, but we are working on scrapbook pages this week. I'll tell you all about next week. You do such nice work, I am inspired every time I visit your blog!!!!! Thank you for making me discover a new passion!

    Luckie

    ReplyDelete