Friday, May 20, 2011

Golfers Birthday

Hello everyone,

I thought I'd take a week break from challenging myself and craft some of the cards on my 'to do' list. My father-in-law's 70th birthday is this week and as he is an avid golfer, this card almost crafted itself.


The background papers are Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip and Bashful Blue. The blue layer was textured with Sizzix Small Dots Texture Plate. The patterned paper is My Mind's Eye Wild Asparagus Birthday Boy Plaid. The image, A Muse Putter, is stamped in Chocolate Chip on Whisper White and layered on more Chocolate Chip. The sentiment is Kaisercraft Occasions.

This is a great card for my father-in-law. I love this rather simple card. I love how I managed to coordinate the colours from the patterned paper which reminded me of those wonky slacks worn by some many golfers. I also have to say how pleased I am with the stamp which I bought on a whim. It was worth it.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment